Docent Openings at Greenwich Historical Society
Greenwich Historical Society Docents are educators trained to further the public's understanding of the rich cultural and historical collections of Bush-Holley Historic Site. We are currently looking for part-time staff for our visitor center. Schedule is extremely flexible. Work week hours can be arranged for as few as 4 hours or as many as 20 hours per week, depending on interest, availability and schedule. Shifts are scheduled a month in advance.
· Develop and lead tours for school groups, ranging from kindergarten to sixth grade
· Develop and deliver tours for adults offered during our regular public hours
· Read and become familiar with the Museum Docent Manual. Learn the history of Bush-Holley House. Perform additional research as necessary.
· Attend monthly docent training session
· Available to work in the Storehouse Gallery as needed, with a minimum of two weekend days per month
· Develop a tour for each new, temporary exhibition
· Must be available April – June for School tour busy season.
· Experience teaching school-age children or adults
· Enthusiasm for teaching about art and history
· Prior Museum experience a plus
Starting wage is $10.00 per hour. Benefits include free admission to Bush-Holley House, exhibitions and select Historical Society events. The Greenwich Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Anna Greco: firstname.lastname@example.org.