Openings for Assistant Camp Director, Camp Educator, Counselors
The History + Art Camp at the Greenwich Historical Society in Greenwich, CT has been bringing American history to life for campers for nearly 20 years. The camp runs through the entire month of July and has two training dates the week before camp begins. Camp is divided into two sessions, each two weeks long. The first week of each session explores activities that were practiced during the American Colonial era. The second week is led by a Master American Impressionist artist who teaches campers techniques including plein air painting and drawing.
We are actively seeking an Assistant Camp Director and Camp Educator to lead campers in daily activities. Hours of operation for the camp are from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Staff is required to arrive a half hour before camp begins. Campers are divided into groups for craft activities and skit practices led by teen camp counselors. The camp educator, and/or the assistant camp director may be asked to lead one of the groups, if necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Reliability and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable leading teen camp counselors
- Interest in history, art or related fields encouraged
- First-aid and CPR certification encouraged
Assistant Camp Director
The Assistant Camp Director reports to the Camp Director and will teach campers colonial craft activities, such as soap making or toy making, and assist in teaching art projects. S/he is required to be with the campers for the duration of camp, including weekly offsite field trips. S/he must have a minimum of one year's experience teaching elementary-age children in a classroom or museum setting. Coursework or a degree in art, history or early childhood education is preferred. Theater experience is a plus.
The Camp Educator will assist the Assistant Camp Director in all daily activities, including crafts and skit practice. S/he is required to be with the campers for the duration of camp, including lunch and weekly offsite field trips. S/he must have a minimum of one year working with elementary-school-aged children. Experience working at a camp and an interest in art, history or related fields is encouraged.
If you have experience working with elementary-school-aged children and enjoy learning about American history and arts and craft activities, please email your resume with the job title in the subject line to Camp Director LoriBeth Talbot at email@example.com.
If you like history and working with children, become a History & Art Camp counselor. You must be at least 15 years old by the first day of camp and available July 6-31, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Experience working with children and CPR/First Aid are pluses. If interested, please email Camp Director LoriBeth Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-869-6899 x32.
Docent Openings at Greenwich Historical Society
Greenwich Historical Society Docents are educators trained to further the public's understanding of the rich cultural and historical collections of Bush-Holley Historic Site. We are currently looking for part-time staff for our visitor center. Schedule is extremely flexible. Work week hours can be arranged for as few as 4 hours or as many as 20 hours per week, depending on interest, availability and schedule. Shifts are scheduled a month in advance.
· Develop and lead tours for school groups, ranging from kindergarten to sixth grade
· Develop and deliver tours for adults offered during our regular public hours
· Read and become familiar with the Museum Docent Manual. Learn the history of Bush-Holley House. Perform additional research as necessary.
· Attend monthly docent training session
· Available to work in the Storehouse Gallery as needed, with a minimum of two weekend days per month
· Develop a tour for each new, temporary exhibition
· Must be available April – June for School tour busy season.
· Experience teaching school-age children or adults
· Enthusiasm for teaching about art and history
· Prior Museum experience a plus
Starting wage is $10.00 per hour. Benefits include free admission to Bush-Holley House, exhibitions and select Historical Society events. The Greenwich Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Anna Greco: email@example.com.