Communications Associate - Part Time, 19 hours per week
The Greenwich Historical Society is seeking a Communications Associate to assist the Director of Marketing and Communications and to provide general administrative support to our executive offices.
The position will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications in the maintenance of program calendars, posting program listings to online and community calendars, creating and updating content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite and other social media management platforms), distributing e-communications and press releases and researching and writing archival content. Administrative responsibilities include answering phones and directing calls, providing general information, recording program reservations and greeting visitors.
The ideal candidate will possess strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities, and a working knowledge of digital and traditional media, Constant Contact (or comparable program) and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Docent Openings at Greenwich Historical Society
Greenwich Historical Society Docents are educators trained to further the public's understanding of the rich cultural and historical collections of Bush-Holley Historic Site. We are currently looking for part-time staff for our visitor center. Schedule is extremely flexible. Work week hours can be arranged for as few as 4 hours or as many as 20 hours per week, depending on interest, availability and schedule. Shifts are scheduled a month in advance.
- Develop and lead tours for school groups, ranging from kindergarten to sixth grade
- Develop and deliver tours for adults offered during our regular public hours
- Read and become familiar with the Museum Docent Manual. Learn the history of Bush-Holley House. Perform additional research as necessary.
- Attend monthly docent training session
- Available to work in the Storehouse Gallery as needed, with a minimum of two weekend days per month
- Develop a tour for each new, temporary exhibition
- Must be available April – June for School tour busy season.
- Experience teaching school-age children or adults
- Enthusiasm for teaching about art and history
- Prior Museum experience a plus
Starting wage is $10.00 per hour. Benefits include free admission to Bush-Holley House, exhibitions and select Historical Society events. The Greenwich Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Anna Greco: firstname.lastname@example.org.