Volunteers contribute actively to our organization and assist in all phases of operation. Help when your schedule allows, or participate on an ongoing basis.
- Assist at exhibition openings
- Represent the Historical Society at community-based events in Greenwich
- Join our Green Team and help maintain our beautiful historic site and period gardens
- Assist with mailings for fundraisers, meetings and special events
- Post events and programs on monthly online calendars
- Serve on an event benefit committee for Antiquarius or Frolic at French Farm
- Promote the Historical Society on social media
If you would like to learn more about the current volunteer opportunities that exist at the Greenwich Historical Society, or perhaps introduce a new one, please contact Anne Bradner by email or call 203-869-6899, Ext. 15. Kindly indicate department or type of project that interests you.
Junior Volunteers and Internships
We participate in High School spring internship programs for graduating seniors and offer internships for college students throughout the year. Responsibilities vary but may entail providing administrative support, doing research, assisting with archives and exhibition projects, and supporting marketing and communications efforts.
All volunteers please contact Anne Bradner or call 203-869-6899, Ext. 15. In your inquiry, please note department or type of project you are interested in.
Current Volunteer Openings
Camp Counselors in Training
We have openings for students who would like to volunteer as counselors-in-training for our 2014 History and Art Camp. No experience is necessary, but an interest in art, history or performance plus working with children is helpful.
Volunteers must attend two training dates on July 1 and 2, 2014, as well as all four weeks of camp, Monday through Friday, July 7 to August 1, 2014, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Responsibilities include setting up and taking down camp supplies for activities, leading afternoon games and accompanying campers on weekly field trips.
If interested, please send an email to Camp Director, LoriBeth Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org with a “resume” listing special interests, extracurricular activities and any relevant experience.
This spring we are installing a WWI War Garden as an accompaniment to our Fall Exhibition Greenwich Faces the Great War. We are looking for volunteers who will help plant and maintain the garden throughout the summer of 2014. Previous gardening experience is preferred. If you are interested, please contact Curator of Education Anna Greco at email@example.com.
Title: Collection Preservation and Grant Researcher
Position Overview: To seek possible collection care grants, both governmental and private foundations, and help in the drafting of grant requests.
- Interview Executive Director, Development Officer and Curator to learn what collection care grants GHS has been awarded and what grants are available for GHS based on annual budget.
- Research online possibilities. Obtain copies of grant applications.
- Outline dates due and maximum amounts of awards. Work with Executive Director, Development Officer and Curator to fill out and file application
Click here to download more information about this position.