Greenwich Historical Society seeks a Finance & Accounting Manager responsible for all financial management and human resources associated with the Historical Society museum, library and archives including finance, business planning and budgeting, and human resources. The Manager serves as the liaison to the Historical Society’s independent auditor for all fiscal reports, annual audit and Form 990 and provides support to the Board’s Finance & Audit Committees. The Manager is charged with handling these duties with the utmost confidentiality and security and plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making as the Greenwich Historical Society continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high impact organization.
Minimum of a BS in Accounting or Business Management/Administration, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree and at least three to five years of professional experience. The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- A track record in grants management
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for accounting, word processing, databases, Excel spreadsheets, E-mail and Internet
- Experience with non-profit general ledger and development software and point of sale systems. The accounting records are maintained on QuickBooks. The candidate should have experience working with that Software. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Greenwich Historical Society
Salary Range: $65,000 – $72,000; commensurate with experience.
Benefits: The Historical Society offers full benefit package including vacation, holidays, health insurance and 403b plan as well as support for professional development to qualified employees.
To apply, please send cover letter that addresses qualifications and interest, current resume and three professional references to: FINANCE MANAGER SEARCH, Attn: Debra Mecky, Executive Director & CEO, Greenwich Historical Society, 47 Strickland Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807 or via email to email@example.com.