Join the Greenwich Historical Society in an afternoon of summer fun and adventure as we explore the landmarks, people and spaces of past and present that make Greenwich the vibrant community that it is today. Gather with friends and family on a race to track down clues and win the hunt, culminating in a celebration on the Greenwich Historical Society campus.
Rain or Shine!
Using the clues provided, navigate across town and identify as many locations as possible, earning points along the way. The team with the greatest number of points at the close of the competition at 2:00 pm wins.
How It Works:
Each correct ‘find’ will be scored as one point regardless of difficulty or distance.
Each team will be required to create a team Instagram account (instructions HERE) in advance of the competition. One of our staff accounts will follow your account and activity, noting as you post a photograph after finding each clue.
Each photograph must have
- the clue number captioned
- your entire team (with the exception of the photographer)
- be timestamped within the allotted time (Saturday, June 17th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
Only photos posted to each team’s designated account will be counted towards that team’s point. The site must be clearly identifiable within the photograph in order to count.
- Teams do not need to complete each of the 45 clues or visit every site, as there are more sites listed than time may allow. Sites do not need to be visited in any specific order.
- Teams may use any source of information, including internet access, and any mode of transportation.
10:00 am: Scavenger Hunt Begins- registered teams will receive an email with PDF clue document. Clue booklets will also be distributed at Museum Store.
2:00 pm: Scavenger Hunt Concludes.
3:00 pm: Join us for an awards ceremony and celebration on the Historical Society campus!
View online instructions and clue booklet here:
Take a look back on last years Scavenger Hunt! View photos of teams on the hunt for clues and the winning teams!