Since 1931, the Greenwich Historical Society has worked to preserve and interpret Greenwich history to strengthen the community’s connection to our past, to each other and to our future.
Many Greenwich Historical Society supporters have chosen to advance the values that have been most important in their lives by providing a legacy gift in their estate plans. No matter the size of your gift, you have the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy by including the Historical Society in your plans.
If you are considering a legacy gift, please contact our development team at (203) 869-6899, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vanderbilt Society
By naming the Greenwich Historical Society in your estate plans, you will become a member of the The Vanderbilt Society and provide much-needed support for the Reimagine the Campus Campaign.
- A specific bequest
- Make the Greenwich Historical Society the beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust
- Establish a charitable gift annuity focused on specific programs
- By donating stock to a charitable trust or annuity, you will receive a current income tax charitable deduction, avoid capital gains tax on the sale of stock, and receive quarterly payments based upon full pre-tax market value of stock. Any remaining funds will transfer to the Greenwich Historical Society after you (and/or a beneficiary) passes away.
- Give directly from your IRA and receive a charitable deduction, avoiding penalty tax otherwise payable on withdrawal.
- Make a year-end gift and receive a current income tax deduction and reduce the taxable portion of estate (IRS limitations apply)
- Avoid capital gains tax with a contribution of appreciated securities
- Consider a donation of art or other property
Greenwich Historical Society Vanderbilt Society Sample Testamentary LanguageFor more information about the The Vanderbilt Society, please contact Laura Kelly, or call 203-869-6899, ext. 14.