Since 1931, the Greenwich Historical Society has worked to preserve and interpret Greenwich history to strengthen the community’s connection to our past, to each other and to our future.
The Vanderbilt Society
Options may include:
- A specific bequest
- Giving directly from your IRA
- A gift of stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares has the benefit of potential tax savings and can be made by electronic transfer
- Establish a charitable gift endowment or fund focused on specific programs
- Make a donation of art or other property
- Make a year-end gift and receive a current income tax deduction
- Avoid capital gains tax with a contribution of appreciated securities
Greenwich Historical Society Vanderbilt Society Sample Testamentary Language
Restricted Bequest for a Named Endowed Fund I give and bequeath to The Greenwich Historical Society, a not-for-profit educational corporation located at 39 Strickland Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807, the sum of _____________________ dollars ($____________).