©2021 Greenwich Historical Society | All rights reserved
About Our Campus
The Bush-Holley House looks out over the Mianus River, on a site once known as the Lower Landing. Here in the 18th century, merchant David Bush and his son Justus Luke Bush built and operated a tide mill and several warehouses for their mercantile business. Though the mill and its surrounding buildings no longer stand, the Bush–Holley House (1732), Bush Storehouse (1805)—which now houses offices for Historical Society staff —and the nearby Mill Pond are reminders of this once busy waterfront hub.
Today, our expanded historic campus features idyllic gardens and grounds centered on the Museum and Library. This award–winning example of historically sensitive new construction and adaptive reuse incorporates the façade and interior of the historic 1805 Toby’s Tavern with new state–of–the–art collections and archival facilities and galleries.