Volunteers contribute actively to our organization and assist in all phases of operation.
Current Volunteer Openings
Is Gardening Your Game?—Join the Green Team!
We are seeking volunteers to join the Green Team, a group that assists with the planting and maintenance of the Bush-Holley Historic Site’s flower and vegetable gardens. The heirloom vegetable garden is planted each year based on journals kept by artist Elmer MacRae in the early 1900s when the house was his home and the center of the Cos Cob art colony. MacRae’s notes have left us a perfect source for interpretation of our beautiful historic landscape.
The Green Team provides a wonderful opportunity for beginners, master gardeners, scout troops and garden club members who seek a meaningful, hands-on opportunity. Perks include sharing in the garden’s bounty, recognition in our annual report and at our annual volunteer reception, and an invitation to the annual Green Team dinner held each autumn to celebrate the harvest season.
For more information, please contact Michele Couture, Director of Operations and Visitor Services, or or cell 203-615-8904.
Gallery Guide Training
Sunday, November 11, 2018
Do you love art, history, and Greenwich? Learn about the Greenwich Historical Society and our collections and exhibitions at our next Gallery Guide training. Volunteer to be in our beautiful new museum galleries for as much or as little time as you can spare to answer visitors' questions. Grab a friend and come see what we're all about. Join our team!
Perks include free admission, an invitation to a volunteer reception, a discount in our gorgeous new museum store, recognition in our annual report, and more.
Please RSVP to Director of Education Anna Greco or 203.869.6899 ext. 31 if you are able to attend or if you are interested in becoming a Gallery Guide but cannot attend this training.
Sunday, November 11, 3:00 pm
Our new museum building will require volunteer Gallery Guides who will be stationed in the gallery and are responsible for interacting with the general public and safeguarding our exhibitions. Gallery Guides respond to general inquiries about the museum, direct traffic, and assist visitors to ensure a positive museum experience while promoting the security of the exhibition.
- Responsible for projecting an attitude of openness and access to all gallery visitors
- Direct visitors to relevant experiences throughout the museum including exhibitions, the Museum Store, Café, and interpretive displays
- Responsible for protecting and preserving art and historical objects in the exhibition complying with security policies
- Monitor visitor flow throughout the exhibition
- Friendly and outgoing with the ability to conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner in a variety of situations
- Technical ability and experience using computers, iPads, and tablets
- Committed to attending training sessions throughout the year
- Ability to approach and engage visitors, communicating in a respectful and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assert oneself to enforce policies and protect artwork and objects
For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Anna Greco or call 203-869-6899, Ext. 31.