Dear Greenwich Historical Society members and friends,
I hope that you, your family, and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Here in Cos Cob, we have been carefully following developments related to Covid-19 and establishing plans to welcome the community back to our site in a way that will be safe for visitors and staff.
We are happy to announce that the Greenwich Historical Society will reopen our Galleries, Museum Store and Archives on Saturday, June 20, 2020. In an effort to maximize accessibility, we will waive entrance fees for all visitors through the end of August.
- Our current exhibit, An Unfinished Revolution: The Woman’s Suffrage Centennial, and Permanent Collection Gallery will be open to visitors with advance reservations, Wednesday-Sunday from 12:00PM – 4:00PM, with one-hour time slots beginning at 12:00pm, 1:30pm and 3:00pm.
- The Library + Archives will be open by appointment, Monday – Friday, and research requests will continue to be received online.
- Also beginning June 20, the Greenwich Historical Society Museum Store will be open Monday- Friday from 9:00AM-5:00PM and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00-4:00pm. The number of shoppers will be limited but no prior reservation is required. Curbside pick-up will continue to be available for all items purchased from our online store.
- The Bush-Holley House will remain closed for tours until further notice.
- Our heirloom gardens and historic grounds will remain open, and new docent-led Site & Landscape Tours will be available later this summer.
- History and Art Camps will continue in limited on-site and online formats in July. Registration is available here.
- Our heirloom gardens and historic grounds, barn, and education center will be available for rental for limited group gatherings this summer/fall, based on CDC and state guidelines. Please inquire for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The well-being of our visitors and staff is our top priority, and we have developed our reopening protocols to include additional safety measures during the Covid-19 outbreak. These include:
- Reservations for museum visits must be made in advance, and are available here.
- All visitors must wear masks or face-coverings while on the site. We will have masks available for purchase at our Museum Store.
- Small groups will be limited to no more than 5 members of a family or household party.
- Please observe six-foot social-distancing guidelines during your visit.
We will continue adjust our operating status to reflect changes in Connecticut state guidelines for reopening. We will provide updates via our website and social media.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Greenwich Historical Society and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!